- Pennsylvania League of Cities and Municipalities (PLCM)
The Pennsylvania League of Cities and Municipalities is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization established in 1900 as an advocate for Pennsylvania's 3rd class cities. Today, PLCM represents Pennsylvania's cities, townships, towns, boroughs, and home rule communities that all share the League's municipal policy interests. The Board of Directors oversees the administration of a wide array of municipal services including legislative advocacy (on both the state and federal levels), publications designed to educate and inform, inquiry and research, education and training certification programs, consulting-based programs, and group insurance trusts.
Officers Elected in June, 2006Edit
HARRISBURG, PRNewswire -- Mayor Christopher Doherty, Scranton, has been elected President of the Pennsylvania League of Cities and Municipalities (PLCM) for June 2006 through June 2007. Doherty was elected earlier today at the PLCM Annual Business Meeting held in conjunction with the Pennsylvania League of Cities and Municipalities 107th Annual Convention in Pittsburgh.
- "I am greatly honored and humbled to serve as the President of the Pennsylvania League of Cities & Municipalities. I look forward to working on an agenda with the Board and other League members across the state to help better our municipalities," said Scranton Mayor Doherty. "It is also a great honor for the City of Scranton to be the host for the 2007 PLCM Annual Convention."
Additional PLCM officers elected for the coming year at the business meeting are as follows:
- 1st Vice President - Mayor John D.W. Reiley, Pottsville
- 2nd Vice President - Mayor Robert A. Anspach, Lebanon
- At-Large Directors - Mayor Clifford "Kip" Allen, Edinboro
- Mayor Richard A. Friedberg, Meadville
- Mayor Kenneth J. Westcott, Washington
During a PLCM Board reorganization meeting, following the annual business meeting, Williamsport Mayor Mary Wolf was appointed to the Board as Legislative Co-chair. Also during this meeting, Lancaster Mayor J. Richard Gray was elected to the Board as an At-Large Director.
Other members of the Board include: Mayor John Brenner, York; Mayor John Callahan, Bethlehem; Councilmember Thomas E. Daubert, State College; Mayor Karl Eisaman, Greensburg; Council President H. Paul Fitzpatrick, West Chester; PLCM Executive Director John A. Garner, Jr.; Commissioner David Humphreys, Mt. Lebanon; Councilmember Kathy Kane, Wilkes-Barre; Business Administrator Linda Lingle, Harrisburg; Council President William F. McLaughlin, Chambersburg; Mayor Thomas M. McMahon, Reading; Mayor Bob O'Connor, Pittsburgh; Councilmember Brian J. O'Neill, Philadelphia; Mayor Ed Pawlowski, Allentown; Manager Thomas D. Rockovich, Oil City; Mayor Brian Sanford, Titusville; Mayor Joe Sinnott, Erie; Mayor John F. Street, Philadelphia; Councilmember Marian B. Tasco, Philadelphia; Mayor Richard Vilello, Lock Haven; Manager Douglas Watkins, Upper St. Clair; Council President Vera Jean White, Harrisburg; and Mayor Kirk Wilson, Carlisle.
The convention was to discuss issues facing the Commonwealth's municipalities, and establish legislative policy for the coming year.